Given the individually hand crafted nature of our rugs, slight variations which are not faults or defects can be inherent:
- Size: Being a hand made article, the size can vary by 3% from the ordered size.
- Colour: The products are made primarily from natural and undyed fibres. Every effort is made to ensure there is minimal colour variation however some variation can be expected.
- Fading: Placing rugs in direct and continuous sunlight will cause them to fade. Charcoal coloured products will fade in sunlight. We suggest you rotate the rug to reduce potential damage caused by natural light. The darker the rug, the higher chance it will fade. We suggest Microseal for any potential high sunlight exposure rugs.
- Shading: Due to changes in pile and weave direction shading may occur and is a natural characteristic of carpets and rugs.
- Shedding: Handmade rugs are made from various natural fibres and will initially shed loose fibres. This is normal. The removal of any loose fibres will be hastened by regular vacuuming using a good quality upright vacuum cleaner. DO NOT USE A BEATER HEAD (mechanical drum roller machines).
- Pilling: Can occur due to traffic, moving of furniture, vacuuming or other mechanical agitation. Contact your nearest showroom for advice.
- Placing rugs on top of carpet: Rugs are not structurally designed to be placed on top of installed carpet. TRE cannot be responsible for the performance of rugs placed on top of carpet, as carpet does not provide a solid sub-floor and creates issues like 'rug-shuffle' or 'rug-creep'. TRE accepts no responsibility for damage to sub-floors including carpet. Correct maintenance programs will minimise any damage to hard surfaces below.
- Jute: TRE's jute rugs are for dry indoor use only because natural fibres are absorbent and will shrink and expand with humidity changes. Jute rugs are best suited to dry, well ventilated or climate controlled environments. They should never be used in moist areas like bathrooms, kitchens, basements, or other damp and humid environments as they can shrink or pucker or blacken when exposed to mould and mildew.
- Sprouting: More often occurring in jute and sisal rugs, there will be short fibres popping up while the rug settles and is also caused by furniture placed on top of the rug. This can be trimmed or pushed through, without risking the structural integrity or aesthetic appeal.
The Rug Establishment's philosophy is to make placing rugs easy. Your purchase should be enjoyable and stress-free.
Legitimate warranty claims arise when the rug in question aesthetically does not look like the rug purchased excluding expected RESIDENTIAL wear and tear.
As per the Floor Covering Industry Standard, the replacement value diminishes over time and the value generally halves every 12 months from delivery date. Any improper or negligent use or neglect will void this warranty.
The warranty applies to household residential use only and not to any commercial, contract, rental, trade, institutional or other non-residential use. If you wish to make a claim under this warranty, please provide photographic evidence to support the claim.
The Rug Establishment manufactures a wide array of qualities, from hand woven through to hand tufted and hand knotted rugs.
We simplify the different qualities into STANDARD, DECOR, and MACHINE MADE items. The raw material used and the time taken to weave and hand finish the rugs is reflective in their price points.
STANDARD ITEMS WARRANTY
Generally speaking, our STANDARD ITEM rugs are designed for commercial and domestic purposes unless specified otherwise. We will repair or replace any rug if it is structurally defective during 10 years from the date of purchase, provided a rug was used for normal residential purposes and maintained in accordance with the care instructions.
DECOR ITEMS WARRANTY
Generally speaking, our DECOR ITEM rugs are designed for domestic purposes unless specified otherwise. We will repair or replace any rug if it is structurally defective during 2 years from the date of purchase, provided a rug was used for normal residential purposes and maintained in accordance with the care instructions.
MACHINE MADE ITEMS WARRANTY
Generally speaking, our MACHINE MADE ITEM rugs are designed for domestic purposes unless specifically specified otherwise. A machine made rug implies that a machine was used to to do the vast majority of the rug. There are many types of machines, they need machine spun yarns to work effectively and are usually less prone to shedding, as they tend to use bulk continuous filament fibres.
We will repair or replace any rug if it is structurally defective during 2 years from the date of purchase, provided a rug was used for normal residential purposes and maintained in accordance with the care instructions.
We are happy to provide any specific warranty requests for specific products in specific locations.
EXCHANGE AND RETURN POLICY
You may return or exchange a standard product within 14 days of purchase provided it is in the original condition and packaging. Unless the goods are faulty, shipping may not be reimbursed and the return shipping will be at your expense. We will not accept any returns of any custom products and sale items unless discussed in advance with your sales consultant. We cannot accept returns of rugs that have logos and/or text unless faulty. We reserve the right to replace before refunding any products that we have supplied.
After 14 days or if the product is not in original condition and packaging, we may not accept any return. If we accept a return, we reserve the right to collect a restocking fee of 10% of the original price. No returns requests will be permitted after 90 days from dispatch.
Any returns must be returned in packaging fit for purpose (it must arrive without damage) or delivered to the nearest The Rug Establishment location.
Contact us for more specific information.